Turkish Coffee Pot
Traditional is the new trend! As confirmed by UNESCO, Turkish coffee is cultural heritage of Turkey. This brewing technique is an example of preparing unfiltered coffee. Turkish coffee is famous because of its enticing aroma and strong taste.
Looing at the beautifully crafted handmade ibrik, you too want to prepare Turkish coffee at home?!! Well, all you need to have is an ibrik (like the one shown in the picture), coffee ground, heat source, sugar if you want.
Another important point to remember is the type of coffee ground to be used in Turkish coffee. Turkish coffee requires the finest grind possible. Instead of coffee grind, I better say, coffee powder. 🙂 Let’s start brewing coffee using ibrik.
- Fill the ibrik with water till its neck starts but not above the ibrik’s neck.
- Add sugar according to your personal choice.
- Now, add coffee ground(coffee powder of course ) for a small ibrik i.e., 4 oz you may need to add 2 full tablespoons of coffee and for 8 oz you need 3 full tablespoons of coffee.
- Make sure that the coffee grounds are floating on the water. Do not stir.
- The coffee ground actually acts as a seal between water and air. For the heat source, you can use your regular stove top.
- But make sure to heat the coffee slowly. Be patient and observe what is happening. After few seconds, coffee should start to foam. Note that your coffee should not start boiling. If you have not used enough coffee grounds it may start boiling. If you walk away even for a second, coffee will spill on your heat source.
- Foam starts growing around the ibrik’s neck.
- Remove the ibrik from the heat source.
- Carefully start stirring the coffee and make sure the foam subsides.
- Put the ibrik back on the heat source.
- Again you get to see the foam building up, this time, more quickly.
- Remove from the heat source and give a gentle stir.
- Repeat the step for the third time.
- If you love foam, scoop it out and place on a coffee mug.
- If you loathe that thick coffee foam, just place it on the drain of your sink..-) However, getting the thickest layer of foam possible is considered as an art of brewing Turkish coffee.
- Wait for few seconds so that the grounds will settle at the bottom of the ibrik and then slowly pour yourself as much coffee as you want and enjoy.
Hey, I know it is tasty, but stop before that last sip. You may find some coffee particles at the bottom of your coffee mug.
- Easy to clean: Turkish copper ibriks are sensitive to air and tarnish faster in moist air. But, removing tarnish from the pot is very easy. Just rub lemon halves dipped in salt. Your ibrik is ready to use again.
- Decorative piece: Turkish coffee pot is an attractive, beautifully crafted handmade product that sits as a decorative piece in your kitchen cabinet.
- Durable: The Turkish coffee pots are very sturdy and can last for generations!!!
- Require patience: Though carefully prepared Turkish coffee tastes great, this brewing technique is an art which requires a lot of practice and patience.
- Require practice: The handle of the coffee pot is bit awkward and need the practice to pour coffee out of the pot.
Electric Turkish Coffee Makers
Electric Turkish Coffee Maker
You want to enjoy the Turkish coffee but not comfortable preparing it in its traditional way. Here is the solution. Hurry Up…!!! Electric Turkish coffee makers are available in the market. This electric Turkish coffee maker brew fully foamy Turkish coffee that reflects the one brewed in the traditional way using an ibrik. The machine makes your coffee making tasks more convenient and easy.
- Good Taste of Coffee: The electric Turkish coffee maker gives you brilliant coffee consistently with rich foam.
- No Noice while brewing: The machine is quite silent and does not make any noise like some of the automatic drip coffee makers.
- Easy to operate and use: One touch control makes the whole procedure very convenient.
- Compact: The design of the machines is compact and takes very less space on your kitchen cabinet.
- Embedded with Sensors: Optical sensors give the status of brewing.
- Brew faster and efficient: Brewing is faster compared to the traditional way of preparing Turkish coffee. It takes less than two minutes.
- The machine is bit expensive. (Definitely worth it since it gives the fully foamed delicious Turkish coffee hassle free)
- The coffee carafe does not have spout. This makes pouring brewed coffee to your mug without spilling on the counter is a real challenge…!!
Interested in Knowing Our 2016 Top 10 Drip Coffee Makers List with Comparison Guide? Click Here